SpringSource developed the Reference Implementation of the OSGi Web Container and then contributed the code to Eclipse as the Web sub-project of Gemini. The goal of Gemini is to provide modular implementations of Java EE technology. Gemini Web provides servlet and JSP technology.
Gemini Web runs on the Equinox OSGi framework and embeds Tomcat. It is also integrated into the Eclipse Virgo web server.
- First Virgo Milestone Ships
- First Eclipse Gemini Blueprint Milestone Ships
- dm Server project moves to Eclipse.org
- Gemini project proposal at Eclipse.org
- Gemini Web Release Candidate